It’s Friday. To celebrate (and like we do every Friday), here are our Top 10 finds for this past week. Oh and Happy Valentines Day to those who choose to celebrate.
Editors Note: There are two links in here that go to PDFs. They are clearly marked. We just wanted to give advanced notice.
- Facebook payout a rallying cry for privacy backers (Protocol)
- Our.News fights misinformation with a ‘nutrition label’ for news stories (TechCrunch)
- Why Dead Sonos Speakers Mean You’ll Never Own a Driverless Car (OneZero on Medium)
- Tech companies target your sanity (Axios)
- Google’s next news investment (Axios)
- Senator Josh Hawley wants to overhaul the Federal Trade Commission due to how they handle “big tech” (Sen. Hawley’s site PDF)
- Interesting data from Ofcom in the UK about childrens’ usage of technology (Ofcom’s site PDF)
- Docker Registries Expose Hundreds of Orgs to Malware, Data Theft (Threat Post)
- Google Chrome will be blocking non-secure downloads via the browser (Threat Post)
- Algae Caviar, Anyone? What We’ll Eat on the Journey to Mars (Wired)
Do you have something interesting we should know about? Email us email@example.com.