Happy Friday! Here are our Top 10 finds for this past week. I hope everyone is staying safe and not going crazy at home. This is the lucky issue #13. Hey, if 13 was lucky enough for Dan Marino then it’s lucky here too!
This batch is a good one.
- Sony patents a cute robot for keeping you company while gaming (TechRadar)
Innovation is everywhere.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 could have a much bigger battery than the Galaxy Note 10
I have the Note 9 and love it. The battery is already fantastic. I expect the 10 was an improvement, but if Samsung can improve battery-life even more, that’s excellent. I’m drooling over this phone.
- Uber adds retail and personal package delivery services as COVID-19 reshapes its business
This is a smart way to pivot and provide your drivers with a source of revenue.
- The Best COVID-19 Tracking Apps and Websites (How To Geek)
These are vetted resources from a trustworthy site. We have to watch out for sites and resources with false or misleading information.
- What Is Credential Stuffing? (and How to Protect Yourself) (How To Geek)
A very important FYI.
- Mark Zuckerberg explains plans for Facebook health surveys to research and combat coronavirus (ABC)
It is good to see that there is actually some value to Facebook, especially during this crazy time.
- ‘It all starts to blur together’: Zoom fatigue is here (Digiday)
I for one love how the Internet has brought us all closer. I also have been noticing that there is definitely fatigue with connecting with others , not just on Zoom, but other platforms as well. Many of us weren’t this social before the crisis. Ina Fried in her Axios Login newsletter made a good point: “Zoom is exhausting because, right now, everything is exhausting.”
- In major shift, Google Shopping opens up to free product listings (Search Engine Land)
This is big news. Now smaller shops who couldn’t afford to pay to be in Google Shopping can benefit.
- SMX Overtime: Here’s why optimizing images in Google My Business is important (Search Engine Land)
A very good article on how to optimize your images to get the most out of Google My Business.
- Adapting your content strategy to changing times (Yoast)
The Yoast team always puts out helpful content. This is some of their best.